My first ever lipstick palette purchase is from Smashbox and it’s their Neutral Be Legendary Pucker Up Lipstick Palette.
Was this palette legendary or not? Let’s find out…
The palette is divided into two finishes: Matte and Creamy. Get the palette here.
Matte (3 shades) – First Time Matte, Mauve Matte and Safe Word Matte
Creamy (3 shades) – Famous, Cognac and Coffee Run
Price – $24
The idea of a lipstick palette makes so much sense to me just because of how compact and travel friendly they are.
Smashbox has definitely made a name for themselves as far as the quality of their lipsticks that I do have a few of their lipsticks on my vanity that I reach for time and time again. I have two of their Always on Liquid lipsticks in the shades Bawse and Stepping out and one of their Be Legendary Liquid Lipsticks in the shade Bad B.
The front of the packaging lies a very interesting to the eye three dimensional mouth that opens and closes as you move it up and down.
On the back of the package there are the six different shades:
Inside there are the six shades along with a lip brush. A mirror was also included with the palette along with a shade mixing card.
The lip brush was a bit on the smaller side and didn’t pick up enough product to get the lips fully covered.
As you can see, these neutral shades swatched very similarly on my skin tone with very little variations in between except for Coffee Run which stood out as a more dark brown and First Matte that swatched a little peachy coral on my lips.
- Matte shades were comfortable on the lips while the cream shades were very hydrating
- Compact and travel size
- Able to mix and match shades to create custom color
- Mirror included
- The lip brush was way too small
- The shades didn’t seem pigmented enough
How to Improve Your Experience
- Use a larger lip brush which will help to evenly distribute the product all over the lips and prevent it from looking patchy.
Latest posts by PuckerUpBabe (see all)
- Chrissy X Becca Cosmetics launching new Cravings Collection - October 15, 2018
- The Best Blood Red Lipsticks for Halloween - October 14, 2018
- Boxycharm October 2018 - October 13, 2018