Does the thought of finding a lipstick that will compliment your skin scare you? If you’re feeling hopeless about the situation then fear no more. We’ve all been in that same situation where we’ve purchased lipsticks only to find out that they do not go with our skin tone. You’re either looking too washed out or you’re looking like a clown. So what do you do?
It’s been proven that bold and bright colored lipsticks compliment darker skin tones really well. Dark skin can range from an olive skin tone to a dark skin tone, so if you’re ready to give up the guessing game then follow these guidelines.
- Choose lipsticks that fall under the category of dark reds, corrals, fuchsia and purples. These colors are bold, daring and exciting to wear. Anyone can easily pull it off if done the right way. You don’t even need a fully baked face to pull it off. Normally bold lips are paired with very minimal face and eye makeup so as to make your lips pop. Well, after all, that’s the point! to make those lips pop. In my opinion, it takes a lot more effort to pull off a neutral color lip as opposed to a bold lip.
Sporting Milani’s Matte Orchid
2. If you’re a bit hesitant about jumping in to wearing bold, dramatic lipsticks then test the waters first with something more subdued like a matte coral or orange color before breaking out the brighter shades.
Wearing a less dramatic Wet N Wild lipstick in the shade Salsa Lessons.
This way it’s still adding a color pop to your face in an understated kind of way. You can also build up on the color and add a shimmering lip gloss as you get more confident.
Latest posts by PuckerUpBabe (see all)
- This May Be the Cutest Collaboration Ever - January 22, 2019
- Black Radiance MLK Site Wide Sale - January 21, 2019
- Wet N Wild’s Gel Lip Liners May be Worth Your Coins - January 20, 2019